Use booking tool to see prices, which vary by dates and number of guests
Looking for a list of features and amenities? Scroll down…
We call it “sandy” because of the color. We call it a cottage because that sounds cute. But Sandy Cottage rental is much more: It is a nearly 1, 500-s.f. year-round home on a quiet one-lane drive two-tenths of a mile north of Lakeport State Park.
It’s completely furnished, up-to-date and ready for you. Although the cottage is completely separate from Adventure Inn, we equip it with the same heavenly sheets, Aveda shampoo, locally hand-made soap and many other B&B amenities.
There’s nothing rustic about this cottage rental one hour from Detroit and 15 minutes from either Port Huron or Lexington.
The cottage is lake-view, lake-access. Views are out of the windows on the east side of the house — the right side of the house in the photo. Access to the beach — which is private for homeowners on the drive — is via a paved path. From the cottage front door, you’ll be on the sand in 110 footsteps. Scroll down for a photo of the path to the beach.
Sandy Cottage is spacious and romantic for two, and year-round we offer lower rates for a one- or two-person stay.
With two widely separated sleeping areas and two bathrooms, it’s very comfortable for four. And it’s family-friendly for six, which is the maximum number of people accommodated.
Cook your own meals in a well-equipped kitchen where even the person stuck doing dishes has a lake view.
With Sandy Cottage’s location on property adjacent to Adventure Inn Bed and Breakfast, we can accommodate a group of up to about 12, depending on the sleeping arrangements you require.
Between Labor Day and Memorial Day: Any two-night minimum. The more days you stay, the less the per-night cost.
After Memorial Day, we go to a weekly summer schedule: Seven-day, six-night periods starting on Mondays at 1 p.m. No stated checkout time on departure Sunday; stay as long as you wish. Rates are lower in May, the first two weeks of June, and after Labor Day and even lower from October through April.
By pre-arrangement, weekly guests may stay on the Sunday night of their departure at no charge if they are able to depart by 8 a.m. Monday.
What about weekend and other short stays in summer? You can’t advance-book a short stay during peak weeks, but sometimes openings occur. Contact us to get on a waiting list.
- Central air and heat
- Gas fireplace
- Master suite upstairs with queen bed, tub-shower combo, double sinks, walk-in closet
- Twin beds on first floor
- Queen sofa bed in living room
- First-floor full bath, stall shower
- All beds made and ready for you
- Supply of bath towels
- Iron and ironing board
- Electric fan, ceiling fank
- Two flat-screen TVs, DVD players
- CD changer
- Propane grill
- Beach towels on request
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Good city water; septic system
- Full kitchen with range, refrigerator, icemaker, microwave, dishwasher, drip coffeemaker, blender, toaster, food preparation equipment, matching dishes, serving pieces, placemats, tablecloths, cloth napkins, large salad bowl, skewers, wine opener… We tried to think of everything.
- Staples such as toilet paper, paper towels, coffee filters, trash bags, dish soap, hand soap, salt, pepper, sugar… and more.
- Fire extinguishers, CO detector, flashlights, first-aid kit
- Handling of package delivery or posting for guests traveling by air
- Arrangements for caterers, floral delivery, spa appointments, on request
How to find
Click below for a Google map that shows the location of Adventure Inn Bed and Breakfast, two-tenths mile north of Lakeport State Park, at the lake end of a quiet, one-lane drive. Sandy Cottage is adjacent, to the west.